Saturday, September 02, 2006

Blind as a bat (except that bats actually have excellent vision).

About 6 months ago, I had my eyes tested. Since I didn't, at that time, have insurance which covered eye exams and OHIP (the provincial health insurance provider) only pays for one exam every two years, I had to pay for the exam myself (I need to be tested yearly).
Six months later I put in my contacts which I haven't worn in a couple of months and discovered that the vision in my right eye has changed so much that my contact is more or less useless. While the contacts don't give as complete correction as glasses do, this explains why my vision with my glasses hasn't been so great.
At least now I have vision care from my insurance company through work, so I can now have my eye exam and at least part of my prescription paid for.

No comments: