Monday, October 13, 2008

Sure, they TASTE good.... but REALLY!


My dear friend az in a posting on her blog, alerted me to a blog which features truly horrific knitted "creations, called "Why Would You Knit That?"."Why Would You Knit That?" is dedicated to.... ermmmm... "unusual" and/or downright horrific knitted creations.

Being as I am a firm believer in following links, I found my way from "Why Would You Knit That?"to "Cake Wrecks".
"A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places."
Yowsah!

Now, not all the cakes are actual "wrecks" and the blogista sometimes features cakes which are actually kind of cool --the Super Mario wedding cake, ferinstance ( The one she originally intended to feature is shown at the bottom of the post and is... well... somewhat Wreck-ish) -- However, there are quite enough awesomely awful cakes to horrify and delight you. From the blog description, these are not "home made" cakes. These are "professionally" made cakes. That makes them all the more horrifying.

from "Cake Wrecks"

from "Cake Wrecks"

I am thinking that someone scraped all the icing off the "Rose" cake and created the "Ojai" cake. Just a guess....
from "Cake Wrecks"

Yeah... I held a party when I got out of jail and no one ordered me a cake....

The piece de resistance... so far, anyway... the wedding cake which was requested to look like this (but "all white with minor green accents"):

from "Cake Wrecks"

I won't spoil the story which is even worse than the resulting cake. Suffice to say that had I been Vicky the bride, the caterer would be sleeping with the fishes before the reception was over.

Click on the photo to go to the posting about this cake. You will be horrified you did.

No comments: