Sunday, August 06, 2006

No TV....



Our satellite dish had to be taken off the house so that they can redo the siding... I couldn't get it aligned again and the nearest date Bell could get in to do it is Wednesday night.
I am on a strict budget... Actually have $40 until Friday and that is IF my hours got in on time (I forgot Monday was a holiday and the payroll person does that on Monday mornings). I am going stir-crazy and gas is $1.10 a litre so can't afford to go off driving around this week. I don't have a book to read.... well, I do but I fall asleep three words in. At least I got my room partially cleaned today. You wouldn't believe the crap I threw out!
AND!... AND!... I have mosquito-bit toes!
I started a blog on Wordpress.... Hummmm.... I don't know.... Sure, it has a few bells and whistles that I don't have here but you know.... It is fiddly to add videos (and I like embedding my videos... easily).... You can't change either the font or the font size without picking a whole new layout ( !??!???!! A basic feature on any other service). I emailed TPTB at WordPress and they seemed rather blase about that....

"I'm sorry to say there is no way to alter text size permanently. Different themes have different sizes / colours though. I shall add your suggestion for justification to the Features request list though. Sorry I can't be more helpful."

Since I wasn't terribly enthralled with the selection of "looks" and I really don't want to fiddle, yet again, to do my own HTML changes, as I have done here and with my other blogs (I never did find out how to do that on WrodPress....) I think it will merely be apassing fancy to have a space on WordPress.
I am going to email TPTB here and suggest that they add a feature so people can be notified about comments added (I get notified, if I turn the feature on but no one else can).

No comments: