- Go for a long drive one day
- The next day, go out to a small restaurant outside of town (in this case, Amanda's Slip, in Kemptville, about 1/2 hour from Ottawa)
- Spend 2 hours eating a wonderful meal while listening to a friend playing and singing, while being waited on hand and foot by a very nice (so cute and far too young!) waiter
- Go to pay and discover that you appear to have left your debit card at a gas station you stopped at the day before
- Sheepishly ask the owner (who, luckily you know, if only as a reasonably frequent parton) if you can come back the next time they are open to pay your bill....
- Arrive home to find your card in the pocket of the pants you had PLANNED to wear but at the last minute changed into a skirt because the waiter is so cute, though far too young....)
My only saving grace was that I had enough change to tip the waiter, at the very least.....
Yeesh! How humiliating!